How to Install PEAR on Windows 7
I’ve just installed Windows 7 and one of the main problems is that I can’t get PEAR to work. So after lots of googling here is the solution to get it working:
- Uncomment the line in your php.ini file and set it to off:
phar.require_hash = Off
- Now as a admin start the cmd prompt and run go-pear.bat in the php dir (It will complain about Structures Graph).
- Now go to PEAR website and download manually the Structures Graph package.
- Extract the content of the package and move the Structures folder to the PEAR directory.
- Issue “pear install Structures_Graph”. Even though the files are present, Structures_Graph is not really installed unless you issue the above command.
pear install Structures_Graph
- Issue “pear upgrade PEAR”. This upgrades PEAR itself to the current version.
pear upgrade PEAR
- Issue “pear upgrade Console_Getopt”. This upgrades Console_Getopt to the current version.
pear upgrade Console_Getopt
Problem solved by: jjkramer @ http://www.pear-forum.org/topic2565.html